Many people are concerned about the effects of the current Coronavirus outbreak and what impact that has on us and our ringing activities. Whilst the CCCBR cannot offer any professional medical advice, we would recommend that you adopt sensible precautions and follow the advice from the Chief Medical Officer.
Information about the virus, signs and symptoms can be found at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ but there are some very simple guidelines to follow during every day activities:
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands before and after ringing
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards or use sanitiser gel
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- lick or spit on your hands before catching hold of a rope, use other methods of increasing grip e.g. liquid chalk
We all have a duty to adopt sensible precautions to protect ourselves, our friends and families and to follow the current advice.
The planned 6-bell Striking Competition and Guild AGM will go ahead tomorrow (14th March) as planned unless government advice change to advocate otherwise.
On behalf of Jackie Roberts