This year the Guild Six Bell competition was held at St Mary & All Saints, Dunsfold (10cwt – 3qr – 21lb) prior to the Guild AGM at Chiddingfold, on Saturday 14th March 2015.
The judges Clive Stephenson and Nick Allen rang a quarter peal beforehand to get to grips with any peculiarities. They decided that they were challenging bells and that the tenor required pushing to help maintain a good rhythm.
A healthy number of six bands entered and the results were as follows:
- 1st Epsom 6 faults. 240 of Bob Doubles in 7’57” Excellent tenor and good leading. (St Martin of Tours) – see right
- 2nd Leatherhead 14 faults. 240 of Grandsire Doubles in 8’45” Pacey and very competent. – see top left
- 3rd Old Woking 23 faults. 240 of Bob Minor in 9’6″ Good pace, improving throughout. Needed slightly wider handstroke leads.
- 4th Cranleigh 32 faults. 280 Doubles (had a re-start) in 9’55”. Good leading.
- 5th Walton-on-Thames 44 faults. 240 Doubles in 9’1″. Never fully settled, but pleasing overall.
- 6th Godalming 47.5 faults. 240 Doubles (not timed). Started well but then errors occurred and did not recover well.
Thanks to the judges and all those who took part, and congratulations to Epsom, who regain the Shield.